Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Stop this train, I want to get off!

I have had a pretty rough few months.  Sometimes I wonder if I did the right thing when I asked him to move out.  It seems like every step after that has just been one shit storm after another.  For the past few months my car has been getting louder and louder.  It was an exhaust issue and something to do with the catalytic converter.  Earlier this month I went to start it and it wouldn't start.  I attributed it to already existing problems.  The mechanic finally got it to the shop and told me I need a new engine.  How is that even possible?  I do oil changes regularly, I take care of my car.  Well, when I can afford to take care of it.  I didn't think the engine noise was quite that serious.
So now, I have no car and nothing to buy a car with.  My only option is to finance a car.  That means more debt.  I pick one out, I negotiate no money down and I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase.  Five days later, there is a loud exhaust noise coming from my "new" car.  I have had the thing less than a week, and it needs work.  Of course everyone says, "take it back", "make them give you your money back", "tell them to stick it up their ass".  Easier said than done.  I need a car.  I need to get back and forth to work so I can pay the bills.  I am the sole bread winner now.  I need a car.  The dealership said they would cover half the cost but it still is going to cost me $400.  They are able to split that up into three monthly payments, but that is MORE debt.  And to top it off, my insurance has doubled because I need full coverage on a financed car!
That's it!  I'm done adulting!  I just want to build a blanket fort, climb in and eat my Totino's pizza rolls, drink yoohoo and watch Mash. I don't want to play anymore.
I'm a strong independent woman, but even we need help sometimes.  I said I would never ask for help, but I don't have a choice.  I started a GoFundMe account and I may have to see if I can sell my car.  The one that doesn't start.  We shall see what I can get for it.  Wish me luck.

PS Asking him to move out was not a mistake!  That is just one less stresser in my life.

UPDATE:
The day I picked the new car up, my Traction Control went out, causing the ABS to disengage, causing the all wheel drive to go out.  GREAT!!
I took it back to the dealership and they fixed it.  And didn't charge me for it.  Maybe this part of my life is starting to turn around.

No comments:

Post a Comment